Annual Parade in Rome & Vatican City
Rome & Vatican City, Italy | May 22 – 29, 2017
The Associazione Internazionale Amici della Musica Sacra Presents and Celebrating its 9th edition Great Parade For marching Bands, big bands, brass bands and youth bands. Bring your music to the Eternal City!
Participate in Holy Mass in St. Peter's Basilica, the Great Parade and Angelus Prayer at St. Peter's Square with the Holy Father. The Associazione Internazionale Amici della Musica Sacra promotes for the seventh time a parade in Rome. Be a part of this exciting exchange of music and culture with marching bands, big bands, brass bands and youth bands from other countries.
- Day 1 | Depart for Italy
- Day 2 | Arrive Rome
- Arrival of participants and check-in at hotels. Afternoon: At leisure, rehearsal or touring can be included. Evening: Dinner at your hotel.
- Day 3 | Vatican Museums; Rome New Year’s Eve Parade; Papal Vespers
- Breakfast at hotel.
- Morning: Visit to the Vatican Museums. Late afternoon: Start of parade. Pass Castel Sant' Angelo and proceed down the grand Via della Conciliazione to St. Peter's Square where all the bands assemble in a reserved area to perform one piece together.
- Option I Evening: Then, proceed into the Basilica of St. Peter to attend the 6:00pm Papal Vespers and Te Deum.
- Option II Evening: Perform seasonal music in St. Peter's Square, and see the Pope visit the manger scene.
- Afterwards, enjoy a dinner and celebration to welcome the New Year, followed by leisure. You may wish to visit Piazza del Popolo for an outdoor classical music concert, only interrupted by fireworks at midnight.
- Day 4 | New Year's Day Mass/Capodanno; Evening Concert
- Breakfast at hotel.
- Morning: Option I - Attend the 10:00am Papal Mass as celebrated by Pope Benedict XVI at the Basilica of St. Peter followed by the Holy Father’s blessing in the Square.
- Option II - Highlights Tour of Rome.
- Afternoon: At leisure, or touring can be added.
- Evening: Concert in a charming village of the Roman countryside. Dinner of regional cuisine.
- Day 5 | Return Home
- Individual departures or possible extension.
The organizer reserves the right to make changes required for technical reasons.
Have Peter's Way incorporate this Festival into your customized performance tour of the region!
Optional additional days and concerts in Italy: If you and your choir are interested in extending your stay in Italy, we will be glad to help make arrangements for you. Possible extensions to Florence, Assisi, Venice and other cities are available. Peter’s Way can make additional concert arrangements upon request.
10-Day Performance Tour priced from$2,695
from New York, double occupancy + departure taxes/fuel surcharge
For other travel seasons, please inquire.
November - March, excluding holidays
Contact us today for your custom designed choir program and detailed proposal!