10-Day Pilgrimage | Prague, Austria and Bavaria
Prague | Vienna | Mariazell | Salzburg | Munich
All Masses are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional opportunities for prayer, reflection and devotions.
- Day 1 | Sunday | Depart for the Czech Republic
- Dinner and overnight on board the flight.
- Day 2 | Monday | Welcome to Prague!
- Arrive in Prague and begin with an orientation tour of the “City of 100 Spires.” Celebrate Mass at the Prague Loreto, a pilgrimage destination in the Castle District.
- Day 3 | Tuesday | Highlights of Prague
- Sites include Hradčany, St. Vitus Cathedral, Prague Castle and Mala Strana. Celebrate Mass at the Church of Our Lady of Victory and venerate the miraculous statue of the Infant Jesus of Prague. Cross the Charles Bridge to the Old Town Square, Jewish Quarter, Old Town Hall, the Astronomical Clock, Our Lady of Tyn and St. Nicholas Churches.
- Day 4 | Wednesday | Melk Abbey | Vienna
- Leave Prague for a scenic drive through the Danube Valley. Celebrate Mass at Melk Abbey, the baroque Benedictine monastery overlooking the Danube. Late afternoon, arrive in Vienna.
- Day 5 | Thursday | Imperial Vienna | Schönbrunn Palace
- Celebrate Mass at St. Stephen’s Cathedral. Drive around the Ringtrasse and see Hofburg Palace, the Capuchin Church, St. Charles Church, Belvedere Palace, Vienna Opera, Museums, House of Parliament, City Hall, and the Burgtheater. Afternoon tour of Schönbrunn Palace.
- Day 6 | Friday | Mariazell | Lake District | Salzburg
- Depart Vienna and drive across the spectacular forested mountains to the pilgrimage center in Austria dedicated to the Blessed Mother. Celebrate Mass at the Shrine of Mariazell. Continue through Austria’s Lake District. Stop at St. Michael’s in Mondsee, the church used for the famous wedding scene in The Sound of Music.
- Day 7 | Saturday | Maria Plain | Salzburg | Sound of Music Tour
- Celebrate Mass at the Shrine of Maria Plain in Salzburg. Morning tour of Salzburg. See the Basilica and stroll along the Getreidegasse, see the house where Mozart was born, and take in many familiar sights from The Sound of Music film. Afternoon at leisure. Festive dinner at a Biergärten in Salzburg.
- Day 8 | Sunday | Bavaria, in the Footsteps of Pope Benedict XVI
- Visit Marktl am Inn, birthplace of Pope Benedict XVI. Continue to the pilgrimage town of Altötting, known as “the Lourdes of Germany”. Celebrate Mass at the national shrine of Bavaria dedicated to the Blessed Mother, where Benedict XVI came in his youth.
- Day 9 | Monday | Highlights of Munich | Dachau
- Explore the capital of Bavaria, Munich, or München (“Home of the Monks”). Visit Marienplatz and see the world famous Glockenspiel. Celebrate Mass at the Church of Our Lady (Frauenkirche). Afternoon visit to Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site.
- Day 10 | Tuesday | Return to the USA