9-Day USA Pilgrimage | California Mission Trail
San Francisco | Carmel | Santa Barbara | Los Angeles | San Diego
All Masses are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional opportunities for prayer, reflection and devotions.
- Day 1 | Friday | Arrive in San Francisco
- A Peter’s Way Tours escort will meet your group and assist with a transfer to hotel in San Francisco. The afternoon is at leisure.
- Day 2 | Saturday | Highlights of San Francisco | Muir Woods
- Celebrate Mass at the Cathedral of Saint Mary of the Assumption. After Mass, your city tour will take you by the Civic Center, Opera House, Twin Peaks, Golden Gate Park, Japanese Tea Garden and the Presidio. Cross the Golden Gate Bridge to Muir Woods. Free time for shopping and lunch in Sausalito.
- Day 3 | Sunday | Mission San Juan Bautista | Carmel | Mission San Luis Obispo
- Sunday Mass at the National Shrine of St. Francis of Assisi. Depart San Francisco for Mission San Juan Bautista. Continue to Carmel, stopping at a winery for a tour and sampling. Afternoon visit to Mission San Carlos Borromeo in Carmel. Evening arrival in San Luis Obispo.
- Day 4 | Monday | Mission San Luis Obispo | Old Mission Santa Barbara |Los Angeles
- Explore Mission San Luis Obispo de Tolosa then continue our journey to Santa Barbara, a spectacular Southern California coastal community. Celebrate Mass at Old Mission Santa Barbara. Continue to Los Angeles.
- Day 5 | Tuesday | Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels | Hollywood
- Celebrate Mass at the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels followed by a guided visit. Tour of Beverly Hills and Hollywood includes TLC Chinese Theatre, Walk of Fame, Avenue of the Stars, Sunset and Wilshire boulevards.
- Day 6 | Wednesday | Los Angeles
- Celebrate Mass at Christ Cathedral followed by a guided visit. The afternoon is at leisure in Los Angeles. (Option to include a one-day ticket to Universal Studios or Disneyland.)
- Day 7 | Thursday | San Juan Capistrano | Mission San Luis Rey | San Diego
- Depart Los Angeles for San Juan Capistrano, the "Jewel of the Missions". Stop for a relaxing lunch in Dana Point. Continue to Oceanside and celebrate Mass at Mission San Luis Rey. Overnight in San Diego.
- Day 8 | Friday | Mission Basilica San Diego de Alcala
- Explore San Diego! Drive through Mission Bay Park and see Balboa Park. Celebrate Mass at Mission San Diego de Alcala, the “Mother of the California Missions”.
- Day 9 | Saturday | Return Home