10-Day Pilgrimage with 3-Day Cruise | In the Footsteps of St. Paul
Thessaloniki | Central Greece | Athens | Ephesus | Patmos
All Masses are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional opportunities for prayer, reflection and devotions.
- Day 1 | Sunday | Depart for Greece
- Day 2 | Monday | Arrive in Thessaloniki
- Καλώς ήρθατε στην Ελλάδα (Welcome to Greece)! Celebrate Mass upon arrival in Thessaloniki.
- Day 3 | Tuesday | Kavala | Philippi | Baptistery of Lydia
- Excursion to Kavala (ancient Neapolis) and Aegean seaport of Philippi where St. Paul landed on his second journey. Celebrate Mass at the Chapel on the baptismal site of the first convert to Christianity in Europe. Orientation tour of Thessaloniki includes Roman Agora where St. Paul preached.
- Day 4 | Wednesday | Thessaloniki | Pella | Veria | Vergina | Kalambaka
- Depart Thessaloniki for Pella and Veria, where St. Paul preached. Celebrate Mass. See the ancient capital of the Macedonian empire, and the Royal Tomb of Phillip II, father of Alexander the Great.
- Day 5 | Thursday | Kalambaka Meteora Athens
- Explore the region of Meteora, (Greek for suspended). See “Monasteries Hanging in the Air.” Visit the Monastery of Hosios Loukas. Orientation tour upon arrival in Athens. Celebrate Mass at St. Dionysius Cathedral in Athens.
- Day 6 | Friday | Greek Island Cruise | Mykonos | Sail to Kusadasi
- Transfer to Lavrio Port for 11am boarding. Celebrate Mass on board. Late afternoon, arrive at the beautiful island of Mykonos. Overnight sail to Kusadasi.
- Day 7 | Saturday | Cruise to Kusadasi Patmos Sail to Heraklion
- Arrive at Kusadasi, continue by coach to Ephesus and explore ruins of the ancient city. Celebrate Mass at the House of the Virgin Mary in Ephesus. Afternoon visit to the island of Patmos and overnight sail to Heraklion (Crete).
- Day 8 | Sunday | Heraklion | Santorini | Sail to Athens
- Arrive at Heraklion, continue by coach to Knossos, the largest Bronze Age archaeological site on, considered Europe's oldest city. Celebrate Mass on board. Enjoy the afternoon on the stunning island of Santorini, and village of Fira perched high above the sea with a spectacular view.
- Day 9 | Monday | Piraeus | Corinth | Athens
- Dock early at Lavrio Port. After breakfast, disembark for continuing tour by coach to Corinth, and then on to Athens and the Acropolis.
- Day 10 | Tuesday | Return to the USA