13-Day Pilgrimage with 3-Day Cruise| St. Paul in Turkey and Greece
Istanbul | Troy | Pergamum | Ephesus | Delphi | Corinth | Athens
All Masses are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional opportunities for prayer, reflection and devotions.
- Day 1 | Wednesday | Depart for Turkey
- Day 2 | Thursday | Arrive in Istanbul
- Türkiye το Hoşgeldiniz (Welcome to Turkey)! Celebrate Mass upon arrival in Thessaloniki.
- Day 3 | Friday | Highlights of Istanbul
- Enjoy a highlights tour of Istanbul including the “Blue Mosque,” Hagia Sophia, the Hippodrome and the Imperial Topkapi Palace. Celebrate Mass at St. Anthony Church, followed by time for shopping at the Grand Bazaar.
- Day 4 | Saturday | Istanbul | Troy | Canakkale
- Cross the Dardanelles by ferry to the ancient city of northwest Asia Minor. Explore ancient Troy, the immortal city of the legendary Helen of Troy and Trajan Horse.
- Day 5 | Sunday | Behramkle | Pergamum | Ephesus
- Today’s journey by coach will cross part of the Roman road that St. Paul walked from Troas to Assos, and on to the Holy Land. Stop in Pergamum en route to Ephesus. Celebrate Mass.
- Day 6 | Monday | Ephesus
- Explore ruins of the ancient capital of Asia Minor. See temples, marble streets, the Celsus Library and the Colossal Library, the fountain of Trajan, agoras, baths and the theatre where Paul met opposition. Celebrate Mass at the House of the Virgin Mary in Ephesus.
- Day 7 | Tuesday | Greek Island Cruise | Patmos | Sail to Rhodes
- Transfer to Kusadasi Pier and begin sailing the Aegean Sea. Celebrate Mass on board. Late afternoon, arrive at the island of Patmos where St. John wrote the Book of Revelation.
- Day 8 | Wednesday | Rhodes | Lindos | Sail to Heraklion
- Enjoy the brilliant sun, crystal seas and the rich history of the Old Town of Rhodes. Celebrate Mass at the Cathedral of Rhodes, Santa Maria. Explore a medieval fortress and restored acropolis of Lindos with a magnificent view of St. Paul’s Bay.
- Day 9 | Thursday | Heraklion | Santorini | Sail to Athens
- Arrive at Heraklion, continue by coach to Knossos, the largest Bronze Age archaeological site on, considered Europe's oldest city. Celebrate Mass on board. Enjoy the afternoon on the stunning island of Santorini, and village of Fira perched high above the sea with a spectacular view.
- Day 10 | Friday | Corinth | Patras
- Dock early at the Port of Piraeus. Explore Corinth; see the Temple of Apollo, the Roman Agora; and the Bema. Celebrate Mass outdoors in Corinth. Drive, alongside the Corinth Canal to Patras.
- Day 11 | Saturday | Delphi | Athens
- Cross by ferry to the mainland and drive through the picturesque Nafpaktos, along the scenic new road to Delphi. Visit the Sanctuary of Apollo and Museum. Visit the Ossios Loukas Monastery. Celebrate Mass upon arrival in Athens.
- Day 12 | Sunday | Highlights of Athens
- See the most famous site in Greece, the Parthenon on the Acropolis. Visit Mars Hill and other highlights of Athens. Celebrate afternoon Mass at the Roman Catholic Cathedral of St. Dionysius the Areopagite.
- Day 13 | Monday | Return to the USA