11-Day Choir Tour | England
London | Canterbury | Stratford | York | Durham | Edinburgh
This program includes the following venues:
- Recital or evensong at St. Paul’s Cathedral
- Recital at Canterbury Cathedral
- Recital at Salisbury Cathedral
- Recital at Holy Trinity Church, Stratford
- Recital at York Minster
- Noon recital at St. Giles’ Cathedral
All concert venues, Sung Masses and performances are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional venues for choirs and performance groups as well as daily liturgies for pilgrimages.
- Day 1 | Friday | Depart for England
- Day 1 | Sunday | Depart for England
- Day 2 | Monday | Historic London
- ‘How do you do?’ Welcome to Great Britain. Take an orientation tour by coach passing Buckingham Palace, the Mall, Horse Guards Parade, Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, the London Eye, Abbey Road, Globe Theatre, Covent Garden, Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly and Oxford Street. Attend Evensong at Westminster Abbey.
- Day 3 | Tuesday | Highlights of London
- Today’s sites include the Tower of London and Crown Jewels exhibit. Continue to St. Paul’s Cathedral for a guided tour and lunchtime recital. Thames River Cruise late afternoon.
- Day 4 | Wednesday | Windsor
- Excursion to Royal Windsor. Present a recital at St. George’s Chapel, Windsor Castle. Leisurely afternoon in London.
- Day 5 | Thursday | Kent | Canterbury | Dover
- Visit the famous Canterbury Cathedral, pilgrimage destination since the Middle Ages. Lunchtime recital at Canterbury Cathedral.
- Day 6 | Friday | Salisbury | Old Sarum | Stonehenge | Stratford
- Depart London. Drive through Salisbury Plain to the magnificent Cathedral. Also visit Old Sarum, original site of Salisbury. Lunchtime recital at Salisbury Cathedral. Afternoon visit to prehistoric Stonehenge. Continue to Stratford.
- Day 7 | Saturday | Stratford | Leeds | York
- Half day of sightseeing in Stratford-upon-Avon, town of Shakespeare. Lunchtime recital at Holy Trinity Church where William Shakespeare was baptized, worshipped and is buried. Continue to York with a stop to visit Leeds Minster.
- Day 8 | Sunday | York | Durham | Edinburgh
- Tour the Gothic York Minster Cathedral and explore York’s medieval streets known as “Shambles.” Lunchtime recital at York Minster. Continue north to Edinburgh with a stop in Durham to visit the historic Norman Cathedral. Overnight in Edinburgh.
- Day 9 | Monday | Highlights of Edinburgh
- Visit Edinburgh Castle and St. Margaret’s Chapel. Noon recital at St. Giles’ Cathedral.
- After the recital, tour the Cathedral famous for its stained glass windows, magnificent organ, and exquisite ‘Thistle Chapel.’ Guided tour of Holyrood Abbey and Palace of Holyroodhouse.
- Day 10 | Tuesday | Roslyn Chapel | Farewell Dinner
- Guided tour of Roslyn Chapel. Afternoon at leisure in Edinburgh. Festive Scottish dinner with traditional entertainment.
- Day 11 | Wednesday | Return to the USA