9-Day Choir Tour| Turkey and Greece
Istanbul | Athens | Saronic Islands | Corinth
This program includes the following venues:
- Local community concert in Istanbul
- Lunchtime concert with local Greek choir from Athens
- 2 evening concerts with local Greek choirs from Athens
All concert venues, Sung Masses and performances are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional venues for choirs and performance groups as well as daily liturgies for pilgrimages.
- Day 1 | Thursday | Depart for Turkey
- Day 2 | Friday | Arrive in Istanbul
- Türkiye το Hoşgeldiniz (Welcome to Turkey)! Orientation city tour upon arrival.
- Day 3 | Saturday | Highlights of Istanbul
- Highlights include the “Blue Mosque”, Hagia Sophia, Hippodrome of Constantinople, the Walled Obelisk, Serpentine Column from Delphi and the fountain of German Emperor Wilhelm II, Topkapi Palace and Istanbul’s famous Grand Bazaar.
- Day 4 | Sunday | Istanbul | Noon Concert
- Transfer to the University in Istanbul for rehearsal. Concert for the local community.
- Day 5 | Monday| Istanbul | Highlights of Athens
- Continuing flight to Athens. City highlights tour upon arrival includes Olympic Stadium of 1896, Temple of Zeus, Royal Palace, Syndagma Square, Memorial to the Unknown Soldiers, Arch of Hadrian, Hadrian’s Wall, 2004 Olympic Games complex, the Academy, University and the National Library.
- Day 6 | Tuesday | Acropolis | Evening Concert
- Visit the historic center of Athens and major archaeological sites around the Acropolis. Evening Concert with local Greek Choir. After the concert, visit Plaka, the old historical neighborhood of Athens.
- Day 7 | Wednesday | Corinth | Concert presentation in Athens
- Explore Corinth; see the Temple of Apollo, the Roman Agora; and the Bema. Evening Concert in Athens with local Greek Choir.
- Day 8 | Thursday | Saronic Islands Cruise
- Full-day cruise to the Saronic Islands of Aegina, Poros and Hydra. Spend a few hours on each of these three islands and explore the charming villages and towns.
- Day 9 | Friday | Return to the USA