10-Day Choir Tour| The Holy Land
Nazareth | Cana | Sea of Galilee | Jerusalem | Bethlehem | Ein Karem | Emmaus
This program includes the following venues:
- Sung Mass at the Basilica of the Annunciation in Nazareth
- Concert at Dormition Abbey or St. George Cathedral
- Concert at the Monastery of St. Saviour in Jerusalem
- Option to celebrate Mass with song at all holy sites
All concert venues, Sung Masses and performances are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional venues for choirs and performance groups as well as daily liturgies for pilgrimages.
- Day 1 | Monday | Depart for the Holy Land
- Day 2 | Tuesday | Arrive in Tel Aviv
- Welcome to the Land of the Bible! First night in Netanya, overlooking the Mediterranean Sea.
- Day 3 | Wednesday | Caesarea | Mt. Carmel | Nazareth | Cana | Sea of Galilee
- Drive north from Netanya stopping to explore ruins of Caesarea by the Sea, then Stella Maris Monastery on the slopes of Mt. Carmel. Arrive in Nazareth to sing for Mass at the Basilica of the Annunciation. Couples can renew their marriage vows at the Wedding Church in Cana.
- Day 4 | Thursday | Sea of Galilee | Caesarea Philippi | Magdala
- Boat ride on the Sea of Galilee, to Capernaum. Pray at sites along the northern shores of the Sea of Galilee associated with Jesus’ public ministry, including the hometown of Mary Magdalene. Drive north to the upper region of Israel where Jesus challenged His disciples.
- Day 5 | Friday | Mt. Tabor | Jordan Valley | Jericho | Jerusalem
- From the site of the Transfiguration, drive south through the Jordan Valley, a desert blooming with flowers, fruits and vegetables. Stop for lunch in Jericho, home of Joshua; see Elijah’s spring, Mt. of Temptation, and a centuries-old Sycamore tree. Continue “Up to Jerusalem”!
- Day 6 | Saturday | Bethlehem | Mount of Olives | Mount Zion
- Bethlehem visits include Shepherds’ Field, the Basilica of the Nativity, grottos and Manger Square. From the summit of Mount Olivet, walk to the Garden of Gethsemane, and continue to the Church of St Peter-in-Gallicantu built on the site of the Palace of Caiaphas.
- Day 7 | Sunday | Bethany | Wilderness of Judea | Masada | Qumran
- See the tomb of Lazarus in Bethany. Continue south into the Judean Wilderness. Take a cable car ride to the Masada desert fortress. Have lunch in the area of Qumran and float in the Dead Sea.
- Day 8 | Monday | Old City of Jerusalem | Ein Karem | Yad Vashem
- Walking tour of the old city (Western Wall, Temple Mount and Jewish Quarter.) Visit to Ein Karem includes the Church of the Visitation and birthplace of St. John the Baptist. Visit Yad Vashem and the Israel Museum. Evening Concert at the Monastery of St. Saviour in Jerusalem.
- Day 9 | Tuesday | Via | Emmaus
- Enter the Old City through St. Stephen’s Gate. Visit Church of St. Anne and Pools of Bethesda. Begin the Via Crucis in the Chapel of Flagellation. Carry a wood cross, stopping at each station, to the Basilica of the Holy Sepulchre. Celebrate Mass in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel. The pilgrimage concludes in Emmaus. Farewell Dinner, then transfer to airport for overnight flight.
- Day 10 | Wednesday | Return to the USA