9-Day Choir Tour | Majestic Italy
Florence | Assisi | Rome | Vatican City
This program includes the following venues:
- Sung Mass at the Church of All Saints in Florence
- Sung Mass at the Altar of the Chair in St. Peter’s Basilica
- Formal Concert at the Church of St. Ignatius of Loyola in Rome
- Sung Mass at the Basilica of St. Francis in Assisi
- Informal singing with pilgrims at Papal Audience
All concert venues, Sung Masses and performances are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional venues for choirs and performance groups as well as daily liturgies for pilgrimages.
- Day 1 | Wednesday | Depart for Rome
- Day 2 | Thursday | Arrive in Rome | Florence
- Benvenuti a Roma! Upon arrival in Rome, continue by coach through the Umbrian hills to the Renaissance city of Florence!
- Day 3 | Friday | Highlights of Florence | Afternoon at Leisure
- Guided tour of Florence includes the Accademia, Piazza Del Duomo, Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, Giotto’s Bell Tower, the Baptistery of St. John with the “Gates of Paradise.” Sung Mass at the Church of All Saints in Florence.
- Day 4 | Saturday | Florence | Rome | Mass at St. Peter’s Basilica
- Depart Florence for Rome. Upon arrival, check-in to hotel and freshen up. Late afternoon, transfer to St. Peter’s Basilica. Sung Mass at the Altar of the Chair.
- Day 5 | Sunday | Imperial Rome | Evening Concert
- Guided site visits include the Church of St. Peter in Chains, the Ancient Roman Forum, Arch of Titus, Arch of Constantine, Colosseum perimeter, Trajan’s Column and Market. Present a formal concert for the citizens of Rome at the Church of St. Ignatius, an exclusive venue.
- Day 6 | Monday | Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel | Afternoon at Leisure
- Guided museum tour ends with a viewing of Michelangelo’s frescoed ceiling in the Sistine Chapel and tour of St. Peter’s Basilica which houses his famous “Pieta” sculpture. Enjoy the afternoon at leisure (shopping for articles to be blessed at Wednesday’s Papal Audience is recommended).
- Day 7 | Tuesday | Sites of St. Francis & Clare in Assisi
- Full day excursion (2.5-hour drive) to Assisi. Sung Mass at the Basilica of St. Francis in Assisi. Other visits include the Basilica of St. Mary of the Angels, with its Porziuncola, and sites associated with the lives of St. Francis and St. Clare. Late afternoon, return to Rome.
- Day 8 | Wednesday | Papal Audience | Catacombs | Farewell Dinner
- Sing with other pilgrims at the General Papal Audience held in St. Peter’s Square. Receive the Holy Father’s Apostolic Blessing. After the audience explore Rome and her outskirts along the Old Appian Way. Evening celebration as we say farewell to Rome!
- Day 9 | Thursday | Return to the USA