10-Day Choir Tour| Glorious Great Britain, Scotland & Wales
Edinburgh | Lake District | Chester | Stratford | Oxford | London
This program includes the following venues:
- Lunchtime Recital at St. Giles’ Cathedral
- Sung Mass at Westminster RC Cathedral
- Sung Mass at Brompton Oratory or Southwark Cathedral
All concert venues, Sung Masses and performances are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional venues for choirs and performance groups as well as daily liturgies for pilgrimages.
- Day 1 | Saturday | Depart for Scotland
- Day 2 | Sunday | Edinburgh
- Walcome to Edinburgh! Orientation tour of Edinburgh and visit to Rosslyn Chapel.
- Day 3 | Monday | Highlights of Edinburgh
- Visit St. Giles’ Cathedral, Edinburgh Castle and St. Margaret’s Chapel. Lunchtime recital at St. Giles’ Cathedral. Guided tour of Holyrood Abbey and Palace of Holyroodhouse.
- Day 4 | Tuesday | Lake District | Chester
- Depart Edinburgh for Chester, stopping at Greta Green, and continuing to the Lake District. Scenic cruise on Lake Windermere, the longest Lake in England.
- Day 5 | Wednesday | Chester | Warwick | Stratford
- Morning sightseeing tour of Chester, including the Cathedral. Continue to Warwick to explore her famous castle! Late afternoon, arrive in Stratford-upon-Avon, the town of Shakespeare.
- Day 6 | Thursday | The Cotswolds | Cardiff, Wales
- Continue on a scenic drive through Welsh country with an abundance of pretty villages, market towns and medieval castles. Sightseeing in Cardiff includes a tour of the Cardiff Castle.
- Day 7 | Friday | Woodstock | Oxford | London
- Depart Cardiff for Woodstock to visit Blenheim Palace, birthplace of Winston Churchill. Continue to Oxford for a brief walking tour. Visit Maryvale and see Bl. John Henry Newman’s private room at Littlemore. Continue to London with a stop to visit Windsor Castle.
- Day 8strong> | Saturday | London Orientation
- Your guided walking tour includes St. Paul’s Cathedral, Tower of London and the Chapel of St Peter ad Vincula, site of St Thomas More’s tomb. Sing for the Vigil Mass at Westminster Roman Catholic Cathedral.
- Day 9 | Sunday | Highlights of London
- Highlights tour by coach: Pass the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, Downing Street, Trafalgar Square, Nelson’s Column, Piccadilly Circus, London Eye, and Buckingham Palace. Sing for Mass at the Church of the Immaculate Heart of Mary (Brompton Oratory). Optional tour of Westminster Abbey or cruise on the Thames River. Farewell Dinner, Trafalgar Square.
- Day 10 | Monday | Return to the USA