10-Day Choir Tour| Grandeur of Spain & Fatima
Fatima | Avila | El Escorial | Madrid | Segovia | Barcelona
This program includes the following venues:
- Sing for the International Mass at Fatima Shrine
- Informal Recital at El Escorial
- Sung Mass at Basilica de San Miguel in Madrid
- Sung offering at the Shrine of Our Lady of Montserrat
- Informal Recital at Sagrada Familia in Barcelona
All concert venues, Sung Masses and performances are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional venues for choirs and performance groups as well as daily liturgies for pilgrimages.
- Day 1 | Friday | Depart for Portugal
- Day 2 | Saturday | Arrive in Lisbon | Fatima
- Bem-vindo a Portugal! Orientation tour of Portugal’s capital city including Lisbon Cathedral, Monastery of St. Jerome, and Belem Quarter. Celebrate Mass at the Church of St. Anthony in Lisbon. Continue to Fatima. Participate in the evening Rosary and candlelight procession.
- Day 3 | Sunday | Full Day in Fatima
- Sing for the International Mass at the Basilica in Fatima. Guided tour of Cova da Iria: Prayer area, Basilica, Colonnades and Most Holy Trinity Church. Visit Aljustrel to see the homes of the children, and Valinhos where the Blessed Mother appeared to comfort and direct the children.
- Day 4 | Monday | Fatima | Salamanca | Alba de Tormes | Avila
- Leave Fatima for Salamanca. City tour and lunch in Salamanca. Visit the Convent of La Anunciación in Alba de Tormes, founded by St Teresa of Jesus in 1571. Celebrate Mass at the Convent. Continue to Avila, the birthplace of St. Teresa.
- Day 5 | Tuesday | Avila | El Escorial | Madrid
- Visit the Convent of La Encarnación where St. Teresa lived as a Carmelite for 30 years. Celebrate Mass in the Chapel of the Transverberation. Continue your journey to the Royal Monastery of San Lorenzo de El Escorial and Valley of the Fallen in Madrid. Informal recital at El Escorial.
- Day 6 | Wednesday | Highlights of Madrid | Mass at Basilica de San Miguel | Flamenco Show
- City tour of Madrid includes Puerta del Sol, fountains of Neptune and Cibeles, Alcala Gate, Gran Via, Plaza de Espana, Royal Palace and Prado Museum. Sung Mass at the Basilica of St. Michael. Enjoy a festive evening with live entertainment featuring Flamenco!
- Day 7 | Thursday | Segovia | Zaragoza
- Leave Madrid for Segovia. Visit Vera Cruz Church and Alcazar fortress palace. Group lunch in Segovia. Continue to Zaragoza.
- Day 8 | Friday | Zaragoza | Montserrat | Barcelona
- Visit the Basilica of Our Lady of the Pillar built to honor Our Lady’s appearance to St. James before her Assumption. Continue to the Monastery of Montserrat. Venerate the 'miracle- working' statue of the Madonna and Child known as La Moreneta. Present a one-piece sung choral offering to Our Lady of Montserrat. Overnight in Barcelona.
- Day 9 | Saturday | Highlights of Barcelona
- After visiting Parc Güell, present an Informal Recital at La Sagrada Familia, work of native Antoni Gaudi. See Montjuih Hill, the Gothic Quarter with its magnificent Cathedral, the Church of Santa Maria del Mar, the Palau de la Generalitat, the Town Hall, the small streets that lead to the Plaza Real, Avenue Paseo de Garcia, and Las Ramblas. Embark at Barcelona Pier for a panoramic cruise on the Mediterranean.
- Day 10 | Sunday | Return to the USA