5-Day USA Choir Tour | Historic Washington, D.C.
Washington, D.C. | Arlington, VA
This program includes the following venues:
- Concert in Arlington
- Recital at the Cathedral of St. Matthew the Apostle in Washington, D.C.
- Option to sing for the Vigil Mass
- Sung Mass at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception
All concert venues, Sung Masses and performances are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional venues for choirs and performance groups as well as daily liturgies for pilgrimages.
- Day 1 | Thursday | Arrive in Washington, D.C.
- Enjoy an orientation tour before checking in to your hotel. Afternoon and evening at leisure, with option for scheduled rehearsal.
- Day 2 | Friday | District Highlights | Memorials & the National Mall | Evening Concert
- Highlights include Lafayette Square, U.S. Capitol, U.S. Supreme Court, Memorials & the National Mall, Washington Monument, President and War Memorials. Evening Concert in Arlington.
- Day 3 | Saturday | Arlington National Cemetery | Evening Recital
- Arlington National Cemetery includes Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and graves of President John F. Kennedy and Robert Kennedy. Recital at the Cathedral of St. Matthew the Apostle in Washington, D.C., with option to sing the Vigil Mass.
- Day 4 | Sunday | National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception
- Morning at leisure with an afternoon visit the foremost Marian Shrine in the country. Guided tour includes the Great Upper Church, devotional Chapels and Memorial Hall. Sung Mass at the Basilica of the National Shrine. Present a prelude, post-communion hymn, and postlude.
- Day 5 | Monday | Return Home