International Sacred Music Choir Festival
Vatican City & Rome, Italy | July 14 - 17, 2017
International Sacred Music Choir Festival sponsored by the Fondazione Pro Musica e Arte Sacra
An International Festival and celebration of the Arts that will warm every music lover’s heart!
Visit the official Festival site to learn more: International Sacred Music Choir Festival
- Day 1 | Wednesday | Depart USA
- Depart your local airport on your overseas journey to Rome, Italy.
- Day 2 | Thursday | Arrive in Rome
- Arrival and check in at your hotel. Dinner and overnight at hotel.
- Day 3 | Friday | AM/Tour of Ancient Rome | PM/Inaugural Concert
- Morning tour of Rome's ancient landmarks. Afternoon orientation meeting of all choir directors with festival organizers. Evening Inaugural Concert in St. Ignatius, one of the most beautiful Roman Churches. Welcome Pizza Party with all participating choirs, with informal performance.
- Overnight at hotel.
- Day 4 | Saturday | AM/Outdoor Concert | PM/Concert in Castelli Romani
- Choir parade and outdoor concert through the enchanting streets of the Eternal City.
- Afternoon departure for an evening performance in the charming villages of Castelli Romani, including Frascati and Castel Gandolfo or another town located in the Alban Hills. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 5 | Sunday | AM/St. Peter's Basilica | PM/Concert in Castelli Romani
- Possibility to participate in Holy Mass at St. Peter’s Basilica.
- Afternoon departure for an evening performance in the charming villages of Castelli Romani, including Marino, Nemi, Lanuvio or another town located in the Alban Hills. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 6 | Monday | AM/Vatican Museum & Sistine Chapel | PM/At Leisure
- This morning, visit of one of the greatest art collections in the world, the Vatican Museums. Continue to the Sistine Chapel, the private chapel of the Popes, where Michelangelo best expressed his genius in monumental frescoes. End your tour in St. Peter's Basilica. Afternoon at leisure to explore the sights, sounds and tastes of Rome all on your own! Overnight at hotel.
- Day 7 | Tuesday | Return from Rome
- Breakfast at hotel. Depart for home or possible extensions as per your custom itinerary to explore other Italian cities.
The organizer reserves the right to make changes required for technical reasons.
Have Peter's Way incorporate this Festival into your customized performance tour of the region!
Optional additional days and concerts in Italy: If you and your choir are interested in extending your stay in Italy, we will be glad to help make arrangements for you. Possible extensions in Florence, Assisi, Venice and other cities are available. Peter’s Way can make additional concert arrangements upon request.