10-Day Choir Tour | Glorious Great Britain
Edinburgh | Lindisfarne | York | Lincolnshire | Stratford | Oxford | London
This program includes the following venues:
- Lunchtime Recital at St. Giles’ Cathedral
- Sung Mass at Westminster RC Cathedral
- Sung Mass at Brompton Oratory or Southwark Cathedral
All concert venues, Sung Masses and performances are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional venues for choirs and performance groups as well as daily liturgies for pilgrimages.
- Day 1 | Saturday | Depart for Scotland
- Day 2 | Sunday | Edinburgh
- Walcome to Edinburgh! Orientation tour of Edinburgh and visit to Rosslyn Chapel.
- Day 3 | Monday | Highlights of Edinburgh
- Visit St. Giles’ Cathedral, Edinburgh Castle and St. Margaret’s Chapel. Lunchtime recital at St. Giles’ Cathedral. Guided tour of Holyrood Abbey and Palace of Holyroodhouse.
- Day 4 | Tuesday | Lindisfarne | Durham | York
- Depart Edinburgh for the Holy Island of Lindisfarne, where the Christian message flourished through the efforts of St. Aidan and St. Cuthbert. Visit the Norman Cathedral in Durham. Continue to York.
- Day 5 | Wednesday | York | Walsingham | Sempringham | Cambridge
- Walking tour of York includes York Minster Cathedral. Spend a peaceful afternoon at England’s Anglican and Catholic Marian Shrine of Our Lady of Walsingham. En route to Cambridge, stop at the Church of St. Andrew in Sempringham, birthplace of St. Gilbert.
- Day 6 | Thursday | Cambridge | Stratford | Woodstock | Oxford
- Enjoy a walking tour of Cambridge, one of the oldest universities in the world. Visit Stratford-upon-Avon, home of William Shakespeare. Journey through the picturesque rolling hills of the Cotswolds, stopping to visit Blenheim Castle in Woodstock, continuing on to Oxford.
- Day 7 | Friday | Oxford | London
- Depart Oxford for London with a stop to visit Windsor Castle. Leisure time upon arrival in London.
- Day 8 | Saturday | London Orientation
- Your guided walking tour includes St. Paul’s Cathedral, Tower of London and the Chapel of St Peter ad Vincula, site of St Thomas More’s tomb. Sing for the Vigil Mass at Westminster Roman Catholic Cathedral.
- Day 9 | Sunday | Highlights of London
- Highlights tour by coach: Pass the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, Downing Street, Trafalgar Square, Nelson’s Column, Piccadilly Circus, London Eye, and Buckingham Palace. Sing for Mass at the Church of the Immaculate Heart of Mary (Brompton Oratory). Optional tour of Westminster Abbey or cruise on the Thames River. Farewell Dinner, Trafalgar Square.
- Day 10 | Monday | Return to the USA