9-Day Choir Tour | Authentic Austrian Advent
Vienna | Salzburg | Munich
- Informal singing at Rathausplatz Christkindlmarkt in Vienna
- Informal singing at Schönbrunn Christkindlmarkt at Schönbrunn Palace
- Informal singing at Stephansplatz Christkindlmarkt in Vienna
- Informal concert at Melk Abbey
- Informal singing at Salzburger Christkindlmarkt in Salzburg
- Sung Mass at Salzburg Cathedral
All concert venues, Sung Masses, and performances are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional venues for choirs and performance groups, as well as daily liturgies for Roman Catholic groups if so desired.
Customize your itinerary by adding Warsaw, Krakow, or other destinations.
- Day 1 | Depart for Austria
- Day 2 | Arrive in Vienna
- Welcome to Vienna, the music capital of the world!
- Day 3 | Highlights of Vienna | Rathausplatz Christkindlmarkt | Schönbrunn Christkindlmarkt
- Explore Imperial Vienna around the Ringtrasse. Informal singing at Rathausplatz Christkindlmarkt (Christmas Market). This afternoon, tour Schönbrunn Palace, the former summer residence of the Habsburgs. Informal singing at Schönbrunn Christkindlmarkt (Christmas Market).
- Day 4 | St. Stephen’s Cathedral | Stephansplatz Christkindlmarkt
- This morning, tour St. Stephen’s Cathedral. Informal singing at Stephansplatz Christkindlmarkt (Christmas Market). Free afternoon to explore Vienna on your own.
- Day 5 | Melk Abbey | Salzburg
- Depart Vienna for Melk Abbey, the baroque Benedictine monastery overlooking the Danube. International Advent singing at Melk Abbey. Continue to Salzburg.
- Day 6 | Highlights of Salzburg | Salzburger Christkindlmarkt
- Stroll along the Getreidegasse, see the house where Mozart was born, and take in many familiar sights from The Sound of Music. Informal singing at Salzburger Christkindlmarkt (Christmas Market). Evening rehearsal with Prof. Janos Czifra at Salzburg Cathedral.
- Day 7 | Salzburg Cathedral | Neuschwanstein Castle | Munich
- Sung Mass at Salzburg Cathedral, together with the Cathedral Choir and Orchestra under the direction of Prof. Janos Czifra. After lunch, leave Salzburg to explore Neuschwanstein Castle. Late afternoon, continue to Munich.
- Day 8 | Highlights of Munich
- Explore Munich, the capital of Bavaria. Visit Marienplatz and see the famous Glockenspiel and twin-towered Frauenkirche. Free afternoon to explore Munich on your own. Farewell dinner at Hofbräuhaus in Munich.
- Day 9 | Return Home