8-Day Choir Tour | Heart of Italy
Rome | Vatican City | Assisi
- Sung Mass at the Altar of the Chair in St. Peter’s Basilica
- Concert at the Church of St. Ignatius in Rome
- Sung Mass at the Basilica of St. Francis in Assisi
- Informal singing at the Papal Audience in St. Peter's Square
All concert venues, Sung Masses, and performances are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional venues for choirs and performance groups, as well as daily liturgies if so desired.
Customize your itinerary by adding Florence, Padua, Venice, Milan, Ravenna, Orvieto, Siena, Monte Cassino, Capri, or other destinations.
- Day 1 | Depart for Italy
- Day 2 | Arrive in Rome
- Welcome to Rome! Enjoy an orientation tour of the “Eternal City.”
- Day 3 | Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel | St. Peter’s Basilica
- Enjoy a guided tour of the Vatican Museums, ending with a viewing of Michelangelo’s frescoed ceiling in the Sistine Chapel. Tour St. Peter’s Basilica, which houses his famous sculpture, “Pietà.” Sung Mass at the Altar of the Chair in St. Peter's Basilica.
- Day 4 | Tour of Imperial Rome | Sunday Angelus | Evening Concert
- Tour Imperial Rome, including the Church of St. Peter in Chains, Roman Forum, Arch of Titus, Arch of Constantine, perimeter of the Colosseum, Trajan’s Column, and the Market. Pray the Angelus with the Holy Father in St. Peter’s Square and receive his Apostolic Blessing. Present a formal concert at the Church of St. Ignatius.
- Day 5 | Basilicas of Christian Rome
- Tour of Christian Rome, including the Basilica of St. Mary Major, the Archbasilica of St. John Lateran, Scala Sancta, and the Basilica of the Holy Cross in Jerusalem. Free afternoon to explore Rome on your own.
- Day 6 | Sites of St Francis and St. Clare in Assisi
- Full-day excursion to Assisi. Sung Mass at the Basilica of St. Francis in Assisi. Visit the Basilica of St. Mary of the Angels with its Porziuncola, and the sites associated with St. Francis and St. Clare. Return to Rome.
- Day 7 | Papal Audience | Catacombs
- Sing at the General Papal Audience in St. Peter’s Square. After the audience, explore Rome and its outskirts along the Old Appian Way. Visit the Basilica of St. Paul Outside-the-Walls and the Catacombs. Farewell dinner at a restaurant in Rome.
- Day 8 | Return Home