10-Day Pilgrimage | Marian Shrines of Fátima, Spain, and Lourdes
Fátima | Santiago de Compostela | León | Ávila | Zaragoza | Lourdes
All Masses are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional opportunities for prayer, reflection, and devotions.
Customize your itinerary by adding Barcelona, Toledo, Salamanca, Cordoba, Granada, Seville, Burgos, or other destinations.
- Day 1 | Depart for Portugal
- Day 2 | Arrive in Lisbon | Fátima
- Welcome to Lisbon! Enjoy an orientation tour of Portugal’s capital city. Celebrate Mass at the Church of St. Anthony, which marks his birthplace. Afternoon arrival in Fátima. Participate in the evening rosary and candlelight procession.
- Day 3 | Highlights of Fátima
- Celebrate Mass in the Chapel of the Apparitions. Take a guided tour of Cova da Iria, including the prayer area, basilica, Colonnades, and Most Holy Trinity Church. Visit Aljustrel to see the homes of the children and Valinhos, where the Blessed Mother appeared to comfort and direct them.
- Day 4 | Coimbra | Santiago de Compostela
- Depart Fátima for Coimbra to see the monastery where Sister Lucia lived. Celebrate Mass at the Carmelite Monastery. This afternoon, arrive in Santiago de Compostela, a stop on the medieval pilgrimage route known as The Way of St. James.
- Day 5 | El Camino de Santiago
- Travel along a partial segment of El Camino de Santiago. Arrive at the Cathedral of St. James and visit the Tomb of St. James in the crypt. Venerate the statue as an act of completing the pilgrimage route and witness the swinging “botafumeiro.” Celebrate Mass at the Cathedral of St. James.
- Day 6 | Galicia | León | Ávila
- Continue on the pilgrim way into Galicia. In León, visit the Churches of Santa Ana, Santa Maria del Mercado, and the Convent of the Immaculate Conception. Celebrate Mass at León Cathedral. Continue to Ávila and begin to retrace the steps of St. Teresa.
- Day 7 | Ávila | Zaragoza
- Visit St. Vincent’s Basilica, just outside the walls of Ávila. Continue to the fortress-like Ávila Cathedral. Celebrate Mass at the Convent of the Incarnation. See the cell where Teresa lived. Depart Ávila for Zaragoza and visit the Basilica of Our Lady of the Pillar.
- Day 8 | Zaragoza | Azpeitia (Loyola) | Lourdes
- Celebrate Mass at the Shrine of Our Lady of the Pillar. Depart Zaragoza for Azpeitia and visit the Basilica of St. Ignatius and Loyola Castle, where St. Ignatius was born. Drive through the Pyrenees Mountains en route to Lourdes. Enjoy an orientation tour upon arrival at the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Lourdes. Participate in the evening torchlight Marian procession.
- Day 9 | Highlights of Lourdes
- Celebrate Mass at the Grotto. Embark on a walking tour of Lourdes Shrine and the places associated with the life of St. Bernadette. Free afternoon for private devotions, visiting the Grotto, baths and confession. Participate in the evening torchlight Marian procession.
- Day 10 | Return Home