8-Day Choir Tour | Heart of Mexico
Mexico City | Taxco | Cuernavaca | Puebla | Cholula | Tlaxcala | Tulpetlac | Teotihuacan
- Sung Mass at the Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe in Mexico City
- Sung Mass at the Cathedral of the Assumption of Mary in Cuernavaca
- Sung Mass at the Metropolitan Cathedral of hte Assumption in Mexico City
- Sung Mass and informal concert at Puebla Cathedral
- Sung Mass at the Church of San Miguel del Milagro in Tlaxcala
- Sung Mass at the Basilica of Our Lady of Ocotlán in Tlaxcala
- Concert at the Church of San Hipólito in Mexico City
All concert venues, Sung Masses, and performances are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional venues for choirs and performance groups, as well as daily liturgies if so desired.
Customize your itinerary by adding Puerto Vallarta or other destinations.
- Day 1 | Arrive in Mexico City
- Welcome to Mexico City! Upon arrival, continue to the Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe. Sung Mass at the Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe.
- Day 2 | Taxco | Cuernavaca
- Full-day excursion to Taxco and Cuernavaca. Taxco is best known for its silver craft and the Church of Santa Prisca, while Cuernavaca Cathedral and monastery complex was established by the first Franciscan friars to arrive in Mexico. Sung Mass at the Cathedral of the Assumption of Mary in Cuernavaca. Return to Mexico City.
- Day 3 | Mexico City | Xochimilco
- Visit the Zócalo, the main square in Mexico, and see Templo Mayor, the archaeological site of Mexico’s great Aztec Empire. Sung Mass at the Metropolitan Cathedral of the Assumption. Visit the natural setting of Xochimilco, with its famous floating gardens and Dolores Olmedo Museum.
- Day 4 | Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe | Puebla | Evening Concert
- Visit Plaza de las Tres Culturas (the Square of the Three Cultures) and the Church of Santiago de Tlalteloco, baptismal site of St. Juan Diego. Enjoy a guided tour of Our Lady of Guadalupe Shrine. Visits Puebla Cathedral and the Rosary Chapel in the Church of Santo Domingo. Sung Mass and informal concert at Puebla Cathedral.
- Day 5 | Cholula | Tlaxcala
- Full-day excursion to Cholula and Tlaxcala. Visit the Church of Santa María Tonantzintla in Cholula, which reflects the region’s Spanish-indigenous influence. Continue to Tlaxcala. Sung Mass at the Church of San Miguel del Milagro. Here, St. Michael appeared to Diego Lazaro in 1631.
- Day 6 | Tlaxcala | Mexico City | Evening Concert
- Depart Puebla for Mexico City. Stop to venerate Our Lady of Ocotlán and see where Our Lady appeared to Juan Diego Bernardino in 1541. Sung Mass at the Basilica of Our Lady of Ocotlán. Continue to Mexico City. Present an evening concert at the Church of San Hipólito.
- Day 7 | Tulpetlac | Teotihuacan | Ballet Folklórico de México
- Visit the Church of the Holy Family, where Blessed Miguel Pro’s remains are preserved in a small chapel. Visit Santa Maria Tulpetlac, the church of the fifth apparition to Juan Diego. Continue to Teotihuacan and see the ancient Pyramids of the Sun and Moon. Enjoy an evening of culture, traditions, and legends reflected in folkloric dance.
- Day 8 | Return Home