10-Day Pilgrimage | Celtic Ireland
Armagh | Belfast | Giant’s Causeway | Knock | Connemara | Bunratty | Dublin
All Masses are subject to confirmation. This itinerary can be customized or modified to include additional opportunities for prayer, reflection, and devotions.
Customize your itinerary by adding other Irish cities or an extension to England or Scotland.
- Day 1 | Depart for Ireland
- Day 2 | Arrive in Dublin | Boyne Valley | Monasterboice | Armagh
- Welcome to Dublin! Drive through the Boyne Valley, a landscape full of passage tombs and ruins. Celebrate Mass at St. Peter’s Church in Drogheda. Continue to Monasterboice and see the High Cross of Muiredach.
- Day 3 | Armagh | Downpatrick
- The morning is dedicated to Northern Ireland’s "St Patrick’s Country." See the site of St. Patrick’s grave at Down Cathedral. Return to Armagh and see the city's highlights, including St. Patrick's Church of Ireland. Celebrate Mass at St. Patrick’s Roman Catholic Cathedral.
- Day 4 | Belfast | Giant’s Causeway | Derry
- Tour Belfast along the Falls Road, with the Bobby Sands Mural and Solidarity Wall. See an exhibition at Titanic Belfast and shipyard, where the Titanic story comes to life. Drive along the famous Giant’s Causeway to Derry. Celebrate Mass at St. Eugene’s Cathedral in Derry.
- Day 5 | Sligo | Knock | Westport
- Drive through picturesque County Sligo to the pilgrimage town of Knock. Celebrate Mass in the Apparition Chapel at Knock Shrine. Here, the Virgin Mary, St. Joseph, and St. John the Evangelist appeared at the parish church in August 1879. Continue to Westport.
- Day 6 | Croagh Patrick | Ballintubber Abbey | Connemara | Galway
- Begin the day at Ireland’s traditional pilgrimage site, Croagh Patrick, known as the Holy Mountain. Continue to Ballintubber Abbey in County Mayo, the beginning of the ancient pilgrim path to Croagh Patrick. Celebrate Mass at Ballintubber Abbey. Drive through the scenic Irish countryside of the Connemara region to Galway.
- Day 7 | Burren Region | Cliffs of Moher | Bunratty Castle
- Drive through the Burren region and stop at the majestic Cliffs of Moher. Continue to Bunratty Castle and Folk Park. Enjoy the world-famous Bunratty Medieval Banquet.
- Day 8 | Clonmacnoise | Dublin
- Depart for Dublin. Stop for a guided tour of the Monastic site of Clonmacnoise, founded by St. Ciaran. Celebrate Mass at the open-air oratory, built for St. John Paul II’s visit in 1979..
- Day 9 | Highlights of Dublin
- Celebrate Mass at the Church of Our Lady of Lourdes in Dublin. The parish houses the Shrine of Venerable Matt Talbot. Embark on a highlight tour of Dublin. Stroll down Grafton Street and see the Book of Kells on display at Trinity College. Farewell dinner with traditional Irish entertainment at The Merry Ploughboy Pub.
- Day 10 | Return Home